Roadrunner & Artist News
Robert Flynn's Diary
Posted on February 12, 2008December 27th, while you were snoozing and snacking on festive leftovers, Robert Flynn of Machine Head was updating his diary over at the band's official site www.MachineHead1.com.
I've been home for 6 days now and what a trip it is to be back in America. Terrorism, Terror alerts, Terror levels, and other such paranoia were something I hadn't seen for 2 months now. Everywhere I turn... on the papers, on the corner newsstands, on the TV, on the radio. Hell, we might be under attack any minute. Shit, if I didn't know better, I'd think my dog might be a terrorist. "Could Al Quada be turning man's best friend into man's best terrorist!?!?!?" The news screamed, "Stay tuned and we'll let you know!". Golly gee, I'm scared. Hopefully this Zoloft that online meds sold me will make me feel all safe, cozy, and terror free.
First of all, on behalf of the band, I'd like to thank all the crazed, beer drinking, metal loving lunatics that came out to all the shows, and made nearly the whole tour sold out. A few shows up to a month in advance. You guys kick every other bands' fans asses, Period!
I'd also like to thank all the kids and people who went to great lengths to follow the tour around. A few groups of 'em did the whole UK run, one group did nearly half the tour! We realize you don't have to do that, and hope you aren't neglecting other more important things to do it, but think it's really cool that you dig the music THAT much. I'd also like to personally thank my guys Adam, Dave and Phil for kickin' so much ass over there. They all stepped up to the plate and delivered nothing but home runs night after night. Those were as good a shows as we've ever done.
I'd also like to mention the several opening bands we had on this run. All have new records out that are worth checking out. Kill II This, Sikth, Mnemic, and Breed 77 deserve your attention.
The Head are for sure coming back for summer festivals, and have just been confirmed for the 2 biggest festivals in Germany, Rock am Ring / Rock am Park, as well as the UK's Download festival. Don't know the who, what, wheres, but we'll keep you posted.
Top 5 moments on the tour:
5) Halloween in Dublin. This should be mandatory from here on out. Dressing up like idiots, Metal-ing out with the Irish, Guinness, vodka, more Guinness, Halloween… Fuck Yeah!!
4) Last night with K2T... WAY too many naked guys on stage... Mark from K2T's naked stage dive... parting the crowd like the Red Sea... wow! It was a pageantry of faggotry. Fuckin' hysterical!
3) "_______'s buying a hooker... in Hamburg" (sang to the tune of 'and she's buying a Stairway to Heaven').
2) The absolutely, unbelievably, gigantically psychotic circle pit in Glasgow, Scotland... Oh – my – fuck – ing - God!!!
1) Ten of us singing Disco and 80's new wave songs at the top of our lungs 'til 6AM, after getting W-a-s-t-e-d at the Portsmouth show. Woo-*cough*-Hoo *cough*!!!!!!!!!!
Top 5 albums of the tour:
5) Pantera – Vulgar Display of Power
4) Avenged Sevenfold – Waking the Fallen
3) Arch Enemy – Anthems of Rebellion
2) Lamb of God – As the Palaces Burn
And the number 1 album of the tour by a landslide...
1) Tenacious D Muthafucka. (With karate I'll kick your ass, from he-ah, to right over dere)
Thanx to folks in the US for their patience, we are this close *holds fingers a quarter inch apart* to making an announcement regarding the states. Good, good news.
Bringing the vodka drinking behemoth that is The Head thru the states in early April, if not sooner.
'Til then... cheers fuckers!
Comments & Sharing